Sunday, August 24, 2014

Homemade Almond Butter

Sooo, my favorite almond butter was recalled! I know right? I've been thinking about making my own almond butter for some time now, but to be honest, was kind of intimidated!

Yesterday, I decided that today was the day! I headed out to the bulk food store to buy a million and one almonds! Homemade is so much cheaper than the store bought brands by the way.

This was it! I was prepared to spend an eternity in the kitchen slaving over this almond butter! Just call me Martha Stewart!

I added my almonds to my mini food processor, but didn't get too far with it. The mini version just didn't do much, I'd probably still be trying to make it!

Instead, I just transferred them into the magic bullet. I had to use a spatula every now and then to push the mixture away from the blade, but VOILA!! Almond butter!!! Just. Like. That. It took me about a half an hour or so and that was it!! And the best part? It was absolutely delicious! I added a smidge of raw cocoa powder to it as well. I love that I know how this was handled, that it used organic almonds and that it only has 2 ingredients in it! I will certainly continue to make homemade almond butter a staple in my house! Love it!

Not much to the recipe:

I used 2 cups of organic, roasted almonds
1/2 tsp of raw cocoa powder

Blend in a food processor of high speed blender until smooth and creamy! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment