Sunday, August 31, 2014

Clean Eating Prep Meets Slow Cooker Freezer Bags!

Sunday meal prep! As much as I dread the thoughts of going back to work after a wonderfully relaxing weekend, I absolutely love prepping my food for the week! I usually do up a meal plan and for the most part, just actually prep my lunches and snacks for work, but have a clear plan as to what supper meals will be.

For the most part, when Hubs is away, leaving work, picking up our daughter, and trying to get on the other side of the city enroute to home with a plan to cook isn't always appealing. Sometimes it leaves my daughter and I in a lets have eggs type of mood, just because supper's now going to be late!

I've been looking through Pinterest here and there looking for clean eating meals that I can prep and freeze. A lot of the freezer recipes that I've seen have had bottled sweet and sour sauce, or bottled teriyaki sauce, etc. I believe in living the 80/20 rule. Clean eating at least 80% of the time. But I'd much prefer to stay away from the high sugar sauces.

Today however, I found and even prepared some of my own clean eating freezer meals for the slow cooker! (Hear the harps playing?) I mean, the Holy Grail of meal prep!

Super productive day! I prepped 4 freezer meals and 2 meals of chicken balls.

Slow Cooker Clean Eating Honey Sesame Chicken

Slow Cooker Clean Eating Chicken Taco Chili

Slow Cooker Clean Eating Lentil Sweet Potato Soup

Slow Cooker Clean Eating Santa Fe Chicken

Clean Eating Spinach and Feta Chicken Balls





No comments:

Post a Comment