Saturday, August 9, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie

What was on your table this morning??? Do you eat the same breakfast everyday or do you like to mix things up? I tend to do the exact same breakfast every morning during the week, but then on the weekends, have a full on egg, fruit and toast breakfast.

With my Husband working away for 3 weeks at a time, and with me working full time and trying to get my little one out the door to day care, mornings can be a little hectic! While I would love to be able to sit with my girl at the table every morning for breakfast, sometimes it just isn't happening. She sits close by as I get things ready to head out.

Do I start my day with no breakfast? Definitely not! To be honest, I eat the equivalent of 5 salads and then some, in a shake form that is!

                   Is it good for me? of course!
                   Is it delicious? Absolutely!

                   Is it filling? Definitely!

Here's my recipe for my "healthiest meal of the day", the one meal that is a complete no-brainer:


Ingredients
  • 2 cups baby spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 Tbsp. raw cacao
  • 2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
  • 1 tsp. raw honey
  • 1 cup coconut milk (almond milk, or other nut milk of your choice)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2-3 ice cubes
  • tiny pinch of sea salt
  • 1 scoop of Chocolate Shakeology

Put all ingredients into a blender, blend and enjoy immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment