I have tried different breakfast quinoa recipes and haven't really been a fan....until now! I have to admit, as much as I truly want to be in love with this super food, I just cant even think about eating it alone as a side dish or the protein portion of a salad.
Why not mix it with peanut butter? Peanut butter makes everything better. I got this recipe from The Lean Green Bean and have to be honest, I WAS hesitant to try them. But, they were amazing and quite filling when paired with fresh fruit.
Here's the recipe:
- Combine applesauce, vanilla, eggs, peanut butter and honey in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Spoon into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 375 for 20 min or until golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator