Saturday, September 13, 2014

Clean Eating Shopping List


So what's in my clean eating kitchen??? I have had numerous people ask me to go grocery shopping with them and some people have even asked me to go for them to pick up eat eating meals. I get asked all of the time, what the things are that I consistently buy. I have some staples that I keep in my kitchen for sure. Having staples on hand all of the time help to stay on track when temptations arise!

So what are my staples??

~Chicken, whether it be ground or breast, I make sure to ALWAYS have it in the freezer
~Lentils, yes lentils. Makes for a quick and easy, AND healthy salad for work lunches, or in place of ground chicken in chili or pasta sauce. Green are my favorite.
~Spinach, for salads and to puree and freeze for shakes
~We go through A LOT of berries in our house, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries
~Grape tomatoes
~Oats
~Peanut butter
~Almond milk
~Greek yogurt
~Apples
~Almonds
~Peppers
~Honey
~Frozen veggies
~Sweet potatoes
~Bananas
~Ground flax seed


So what foods should you pair together? It's pretty simple really. Take a lean protein and pair with a complex carb every 3 hours to keep your metabolism high and your blood sugars stable.







It seems high maintenance initially and some even find it to be intimidating. But with some meal planning and prepping and a little knowledge, clean eating is quite easy!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment