Wednesday, May 28, 2014

THE BEST Broccoli salad that you will EVER eat! And it's clean!!!

I love love love broccoli salad and have been looking for clean eating variations that I felt would be both clean and delicious. I came across this little gem and modified it here and there to better suit me and my clean eating lifestyle.
It called for vegan mayo, which I had no intention on buying. I don't like regular mayo, why would I go and buy a vegan version, right? I subbed the vegan mayo with plain greek yogurt and was a bit apprehensive that it would taste too tart. But low and behold, it did NOT! It was absolutely amazing! My husband ate it too and agreed that it would be a great staple for a barbeque! Our 2 year old, who is a veggie fanatic, did not care for it however.
 


Here's my modified version:


Clean Eating Broccoli Salad
1 head broccoli, stems removed and florets cut into pieces
4 slices cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup red onion, chopped

1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preparation:
In a small bowl combine yogurt, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
In a large bowl combine broccoli, bacon, onion and cranberries. Gently stir in the dressing.
Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and serve immediately.


We paired it with some roasted chicken breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment