Sunday, May 18, 2014

Meal plans and Muscles

Working out, eating right, losing weight...You've got it down to a science by now right? Truth is, we all can plateau at some point or another. The key is to switch up your workout routine about every 30 days. keep your muscles guessing as to what's coming next.

I never thought that I would ever be a fitness enthusiast! I certainly wanted to be. I wanted to be motivated and committed to living a healthier life, but always had excuses. Now, I can say, that yes, there may still be "reasons" as to why I feel as though I can't workout, but I always re-evaluate and discover that these "reasons" are definitely excuses.

Besides having the same workout routine day in and day out, what else can make us plateau?? DIET!!! Proper nutrition is key! Weight loss is 70% diet, 30% exercise. I, for years had always made a meal plan per se in aid of helping me compile a grocery list. But for the most part, I just planned the bigger meals and would basically just wing it for the rest. Now, I plan everything that I, going to eat. it helps me to cut out on excessive snacking. my plan still allows me to snack, but now I snack on the right foods instead of the 3pm chocolate bar. Here's a look at my meal plan for the coming week:




I think that I need to try and add some more protein into my meal plan. Prep day is tomorrow and I'm going to try to incorporate some extras like quinoa for the extra protein. I found a really appealing Mexican quinoa salad recipe that I could make a batch of and have for the week. Plus, an oatmeal type quinoa recipe that I'll be trying as well.
I have just over a month of P90X3 left and am feeling great, but I am already thinking about which program that I want to do next. Drum roll please.........BODY BEAST!! I really love how a body looks with muscle and I never dreamed that I could have a toned and sculpted physique. My sister actually has told me that right now I'm too muscular. But, I honestly disagree. The sky is the limit right now and I'm not planning on stopping. Stay tuned for further updates on my progress :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment