So, with Summer comes travelling and road trips, trips to the beach and to the park. We all know what that means...summer BBQ's, evenings of restaurant dining, and going off track of the meal plan. I try to stay diligent to my health and fitness goals, but I will admit, I do go off track from time to time. I'd say that I eat clean about 85% of the time.
So, my plan consists of packing up a cooler and taking what I can with us to stay on track. Plus, I prefer not to feed my toddler takeout night after night.
So, what would I pack in my cooler for the on the road times when many of us are more inclined to stop at a gas station on the highway??
1. Fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
2. Shakeology peanut butter balls
3. Low fat mozza cheese strings
6. Raw almonds
7. Canned/packaged tuna
8. Homemade granola
10. Bell peppers
12. Almond milk
13. LOT'S of water
14. Lentils (probably a lentil lime salad)
15. Some pre-made salads with spinach, feta, grape tomatoes, cucumber, peppers ( would pair it with the packaged tuna or have pre-grilled chicken ahead of time)
16. Natural peanut butter or almond butter for apple dipping
18. Overnight oats with fresh berries
19. Homemade Pumpkin Chocolate Granola Bars
20. greek yogurt
Would I pack ALL of this for one road trip? Probably not depending how long we're in the car. But it's just an idea of what I would take. Make sure to pair a lean protein source with a complex carb and be sure to eat every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism revved! Happy Summer!!!